Usually when I hear the phrase "library 2.0" I roll my eyes. It seems like a trendy phrase to throw around.
I do like the affect this phrase is having though. I'm glad librarians are thinking about libraries as collaborative places (physically and virtually) and thinking about how technology can help provide better services. I think of Library 2.0 as more of a frame of mind than a collection of technologies. It's important for libraries to engage in strategic planning and self studies to decide where their priorities are and what needs to change in order to get there. Sometimes technology needs to change (tools purchased from vendors don't always match a library's goals), staffing, or physical library space. It's important for libraries to define themselves to complement patron's current information gathering.
I don't think everyone uses the phrase "library 2.0" to be trendy. Some people actually believe libraries should be more collaborative and I like that.
As for 23 Things on a Stick in my own life, I hope to find time to get all the way through it. It's hard because (like everyone else) I've got so many important goals to accomplish. I just have to work this program in as one of my goals. By participating in 23 Things, I'll learn about tools that will help me do my job and connect with patrons. It's important.